Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Salary: £35k-£40K depending on experience
About the role
We’re looking for a bright, dynamic Communications Manager with a passion for education to join our fast-moving team of marcoms experts.
You are an excellent communicator, a stickler for detail, brilliant at nurturing relationships and adapting to different types of campaigns. As with all of our team, you have a desire to make a positive impact in the educational world and the curiosity to seek out new ways to do so.
As our Communications Manager, you’ll be central to the delivery and execution of multiple communications campaigns across a range of channels, including: PR, educator outreach, social media, media buying and events.
Our clients range from global corporates to leading charities and government organisations, providing a diverse mix of communication campaigns within the education market.
We love creativity, passion and drive, and we’d love to see you take the initiative to support and grow our business.
Key responsibility areas
Lead EdComs’ communications offer across client business, including business development. The role involves the delivery of client communications proposals, and the development of EdComs’ communications offer.
Demonstrate a passion for comms – enthusing and informing those you interact with about the brands and clients we work with is critical to the position’s success. This will involve developing a network of influencers, keeping abreast of education market innovations and using strategic and creative thinking to develop our offer.
Design and implement integrated communications plans for complex/multifaceted projects for a wide variety of clients, from corporates, to government and charities. Lead relationships with key clients and suppliers.
Develop EdComs’ own comms strategy, helping us to bring our positioning of education as a driver for change to life.
Day to day management and staff development of direct reports. Work on business development tenders and pitches.
- Create and implement communications strategies for clients.
- Create and implement EdComs’ communications strategy.
- Manage educator outreach campaigns, including event recruitment for our clients.
- Write Press Releases, features, thought leadership pieces, case studies and other articles for clients and on behalf of EdComs.
- Develop a network of education influencers to help deliver our communications challenges.
- Research new online media opportunities – online magazines, newsletters to refresh master media list.
- Deliver and develop the EdComs Educator Index, an internal product which identifies key influencers in any given market.
- Set KPIs, track and report on all communications work.
- Lead internal knowledge-sharing and quality control around communications work.
- Lead delivery of communications projects to schedule, budget and to EdComs’ quality standard.
- Appoint and manage freelance staff and suppliers.
- Involve and brief staff across the company where appropriate and feed into projects led by other teams where there is a comms element.
- Track and monitor campaigns and report back to clients.
- Use web analytics software (EG: Google Analytics) to monitor performance.
Company benefits include:
- Great office environment – free breakfast, tea and coffee
- 22.5 days holiday a year and rising with service
- Birthdays off and 3 extra days at Christmas!
- Auto-enrolment pension following 3-month probation
- Training sessions to develop your growth
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Health insurance after one year and life insurance from day one
- A sociable community – monthly Thirsty Thursdays; charity committee events (film nights, pub quizzes etc); a summer party as well as a Christmas party; team away days every year. We’re an agency that likes to do brilliant work and have fun while we do it.
If you are interested, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org