- Microsoft Education UK wanted to showcase the new Microsoft Surface 4 and Surface Pro Pen to to headteachers of the top independent schools in the UK, and amplify their sponsorship of the Tatler Schools Guide 2016.
- EdComs targeted the UK’s leading 127 independent schools with an innovative and eye-catching direct marketing campaign, with individual school follow-up.
How did it inspire learning?
- EdComs started by working with Tatler’s School Guide 2016 to hone a list of target schools and key contacts; this also involved negotiating use of the Tatler brand name during the campaign as part of the partnership.
- The campaign captured the attention of headteachers at top independent secondary schools by the creation of a bespoke piece of artwork for each school.
- The artwork was created on Surface 4 devices, which served to demonstrate the product’s high quality digital inking functionality. The artwork was delivered by direct mail to the headteacher.
- This was followed up with an email campaign and direct engagement with Network Managers and Heads of IT.
- Schools were active on Twitter, thanking both Microsoft Education and Tatler magazine.