Everybody at EdComs is delighted to introduce the new and improved BP Educational Service website. The website has been completely redeveloped for mobile responsive use, while the refreshed look and enhanced navigation will help users to quickly find the information they need to plan, prepare and teach their lessons.
Our goal when updating the website and making it mobile responsive has been to help busy teachers access resources on the go and quickly find the information they need.
New features include:
- Bookmark: If users find a particular resource useful, they can now bookmark for later use in the ‘Your Bookmarks’ section
- Mega menu: Users can scroll over Primary and Secondary resources in the top navigation bar to see the full list of curriculum topics available
- Filtering: Quickly find suitable resources with new simple filters that search by age, subject, topic and resource format
- News: Stay up to date with all the latest news about BP Educational Service resources, competitions and partnerships
- Student codes: Teachers can share specific resources with students with new student codes. Students can then access and use the resources without logging in
- Related resources: If users like a particular resource or are looking for similar resources on a topic, suggested resources are now provided at the bottom of each resource page.
The BP Educational Service was established to inspire young people to pursue a future in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM), in response to new research about how students engage with STEM.
The website provides an extensive range of high-quality teaching resources designed for use by teachers, with all resources and challenges built around the curriculum. In our latest survey, more than 90% of teachers say the resources are good quality and relevant to the curriculum.
In the last year, BP Educational Services resources have been used by more than half of all UK secondary schools and almost one in five primary schools. More than 70,000 users have registered, with hundreds of new users joining each month.
Ian Duffy, Head of UK Communications and Community Development at BP, said:
“I’m delighted to announce the launch of the new BP Educational Service website, which has been completely redeveloped for mobile responsive use. The new site has been superbly developed by our long-term partners at EdComs.”
Click here to find out more about the new website.