Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented individual, who has a passion for education and the skills and experience to bolster EdComs’ Consultancy offer.
Working as a consultant in the Research, Consultancy and Insight Team will be exciting and varied.
Work could include:
- Developing a new strategy for a client’s education programme
- Running workshops with clients and stakeholders to develop ideas for a new schools programme or strategy
- Undertaking interviews with clients and teachers to identify strengths and weaknesses of current activity
- Conducting secondary research to identify interesting practice from competitors or potential partners and to understand the local context
- Analysing existing data sets to explore trends and identify patterns
- Creating behaviour change models or theories of change to underpin thinking
- Presenting findings and recommendations to clients
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the type of work we do and excited about the prospect of working as a consultant in the education and learning market.
This opportunity will suit a strong, outgoing and self-motivated individual who will relish the chance to bring fresh, commercially-minded thinking, bright ideas and enthusiasm to a creative and dynamic agency.
- Leading on and managing a wide variety of consultancy projects, working directly with clients
- Providing strategic insight, ideas and recommendations to inform clients’ decision-making and to help them make a difference in the education market
- Working with the Director of Research, Consultancy and Insight to develop and implement EdComs’ RCI business development strategy and consultancy offer, helping to sell our experience and expertise to prospective clients
- Contributing to or leading on the creation of large-scale company pitches
- Undertaking secondary research (e.g. market analysis, competitor mapping, policy and curriculum mapping) to inform strategic thinking and to advise clients on how to have greatest impact and appeal
- Conducting focus groups, workshops and interviews with clients, stakeholders and teachers to obtain insights to inform their thinking
- Writing business development proposals, materials and pitches
- Writing client-facing reports, presentations and publications
- Managing day-to-day relationships with clients
- Managing budgets, timeframes and delivery processes where appropriate
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in consultancy and / or a relevant role within the education and learning sector
- Proven track record in building positive and strong relationships with clients
- Experience of managing budgets, schedules and other relevant delivery processes
- Experience of writing strategy documents, insight reports or similar documentation
- Successful experience writing large and small proposals for new and existing clients
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think outside of the box – to see solutions rather than problems, and take a creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent report writing and presenting skills – confidently communicating insights is key to this role
- Ability to work across the team and proactively develop skills and experience
- Knowledge of how to conduct desk (secondary) research effectively
- Ability to conduct and facilitate interviews and workshops
- Ability and enthusiasm to experiment with new methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience of working within the education and learning sectors
- Understanding of and experience of working with behaviour change models and theories of change
- Experience of responsibilities related to strategic planning
What do we offer you?
Our benefits include:
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle to work voucher scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Subsidised membership of Pure Gym Oval
- Holiday allowance of 22.5 days pro rata (and the office usually closes between Christmas and New Year giving another 3 days)
- A day off for your birthday!